Gold Information and Jewelry Care
What metals do we use to craft our jewelry?
L'Escalet's collections are crafted exclusively in 18 karat solid gold. A few pieces are also available in sterling silver.
What is solid gold?
With its natural luster, hypoallergenic properties and resistance to tarnishing and rusting, solid gold is used when it comes to crafting quality jewelry.
Each piece is measured by karatage (K), which indicates the piece’s pure gold content and its proportion with other metal alloys.
All our pieces are marked with a "750" hallmark. It means that you have in your hands a jewel crafted in 18K gold. The alloy contains 75% of pure gold and represents the worldwide standard of high quality fine jewelry. It guarantees the strength and durability needed for everyday, long-lasting wear.
No gold-filling, no gold-plating, no vermeil
We do not produce gold filled, gold-plated nor vermeil jewelry.
These types of jewelry contain minutes traces of gold applied on other base metals and will tarnish and lose its value very quickly.
Quality of diamonds and gemstones
All the diamonds and gemstones used to embellish our jewelry are carefully selected and handpicked to guarantee the best quality, cuts and dispersion of light.
Our white diamonds quality is G-H / VS-SI.
We use also natural fancy colored diamonds, with a clarity always between VVS and SI.
We use natural gemstones only. Please note that no two stones are perfectly alike. They can slightly vary in color and size, as well as contain small imperfections, due to their natural state. These characteristics make their beauty and uniqueness.
L’Escalet delivers an authenticity certificate with each jewelry piece purchased.
Jewelry care suggestions
Our jewelry is precious, delicate and handmade, hence it should be handed with care at all times. A very easy regular cleaning / maintenance is recommended to keep your jewelry shiny all year round and ensure a long life to your favorite pieces.
- Avoid handling chemical and strong cosmetic products when you are wearing jewelry.
- When travelling, store your jewelry pieces separately in soft pouches, to make sure they do not scratch by rubbing against each others.
- As regular care, simply soak your jewelry for a few hours in a bowl of warm soapy water (preferably dishwashing liquid). Once out of the water, rinse it thoroughly with water and dry it in a soft cloth.
- After having soaked your jewelry in soapy water for some time, you can clean the diamonds and stones by brushing them very gently with an ultra soft toothbrush. Rinse thoroughly and finish cleaning by polishing your jewelry with a soft cloth.
- For your security and to avoid loosing your jewelry, we advise you to remove it when exercising and doing outdoors activities. For your comfort, you may also want to take it off before going to sleep.